Translate

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

What I've been up to lately

Thanks to all of you that wanted to swap with me, I hope to do this again sometime =) Then I'll reserve a spot for you Kikka if you are still interested by then =)


My carpet so far
I thought I haven't done any minis since the fair, but I did embroider on my carpet again, and I started to make a few more pull-toy-sheeps (I already have another buyer for one..) and made some plastic sledges.

But I felt very non-creative and hollow after a few months of "work" every day for the fair. But I hope to get going with my house again, sometime soon. And I might take up on an old project, my Fantasy-project. I hope I'll get a little push in the right direction from Jane, since she is sending me a swap-package later =)
And soon I'll get some swap-packages from Lisa and Jennifer, that might give me a ton of inspiration to continue my work =) And then I'll get a package from Irina too. How lucky am I?!

I was talking sledges. I'm a bit off season here, the snow melted away weeks ago but I started to think it would be nice to make a sledge, just like the one my daughter have. A Stiga cruiser =)
I made a red one for me, and my daughter saw it and wanted one for herself, so I made a blue one for her (her favourite colour right now) Then I just made two more, I was still in selling-mode I think ;)
I Haven't attached the pull-string yet. I was thinking of making a seatbelt too, but I don't know if I want to =) We will see.
I started making a pull-sting; red, white and blue, but then I remembered our string is just white, but on all pictures on Google they had red, white and blue strings.. Because it took me quite a long time to make this string, I might just have a simple white string on the rest..

I was very busy the week before the fair, this is what I made back then:
I made three owls one or two days before the fair =) They are quite simple and fun to make. I sold 2 of them and the last one is on it's way to Jennifer right now =) I think I'll make a few more for my nursery later.

I also made two frogs, both sold quite fast =) I'll have to make another one for my nursery too =) I love toys and I have always liked frogs, so I most have a plush frog in my nursery =)


I manage to make a cat too. I worked a lot the last week before the fair and manage to make a few things =) The eyes are maybe a bit too green on this cat.. But I did make them a little darker, with some brown spots in them, but I fixed that after I took the photo and I didn't have time to take a new photo...

And last but not least a French bulldog. I was very uncertain about selling this one, you know me, I get very attached to my animals, and this one was very hard to sell, but it was a very nice girl that picked it up, so I hope it has a good life with her now =)

A sleepy French bulldog puppy
 
I tried to capture the wrinkles puppies have in the neck and body =) And how they can fall asleep everywhere, any time. I think this one fell asleep crawling up the sofa or something =)

Soon I'll open my Etsy shop =) I'll let you know when. I just need to list a few more items and read the rules a bit better. I most say, I'm getting old and slow, new things are just hard to learn.... =)
I will try to sell one or two things now and then, but then I have to think about if this is what I want to do. I get very attached to things, and it might just not be worth it to stress and make things and sell. When I only make things for myself, I don't stress that much.. But I like when people like my things and wants them in their dollhouses, and I do like the extra money ;)
It's not as stressful to sell on the net, I don't have to have a lot of things ready at the same time, like I had to with the fair. But I hope to make it to another fair in the future, I'll just have to get a lot of time preparing for it, not 6 month like I had this time =)

Have a nice week and take care
Hannah

24 comments:

  1. Hi Hannah! Yes, I am interested when you are ready( of course I will need some time to make my part of the swap..) but I*ll be waiting! No hurry..
    Your carpet is gorgeous! Love the colors! And yes I am a Happy and Proud owner of your cute Frog!
    Hugs
    Kikka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we can do a swap sometime in the middle of May? You can send me an email and then we can decide a date when we send the packages. =)

      I'm so glad you bought the frog, I know he/she will get a great life with you =)

      Delete
  2. La alfombra es preciosa. Me gusta también como ha quedado el trineo. Me alegro mucho de esos bonitos intercambios.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Isabel! There are much white left to do on the carpet, but the pattern is done. =)

      Delete
  3. Your rug looks amazing! I look forward to our swap after this big sendoff this week I can spend time crafting some inspiration for you ;)

    I LOVE..LOVE your frogs and owl! The kitty is awesome the puppy is perfect!

    Take it slow with the selling and post show biz, I can tell you from my last few romps with it unless you want to devote a lot of free time and fun craft time it does become too much, A project once in a while and then fun in between ;)

    Put one or two things in your store and things over time don't stress the creativity there are many.. many years of crafting left ...even if we feel old and wrinkled;P

    Hugs, js

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane!!
      I feel like I have to take the opportunity now when I'm a stay at home mum, who knows when/if I get a full time job and have no time for minis at all.. But I think I will take it much slower now, and just enjoy my free time and just make minis for the fun of it. =)

      Delete
  4. Hi Hannah, I'm so excited about our swap! I love all of the cute things you make, and knowing I'll soon have a few of them makes me really happy. Your sled is really cute, as are your tiny animals. The French bulldog looks amazing. I love how puppies fall asleep anywhere, right in the middle of things. Congrats on your upcoming Etsy shop. Yes, I think that would be much less stressful than preparing for a big fair. I want to know as soon as you open your shop! :-) xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer!
      Yes puppies are so cute, I try to fill my longing for a dog with miniature dogs instead ;)
      I think it's hard to make a mini dog look like a puppy, but I'm working on it.

      Delete
  5. Your carpet is beautiful and I love the colors! I have always admired your animal creations and I am so excited to have one of your dogs heading my way! Congratulations on the Etsy shop and please let us all know when it is open.
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. I do love the colours on the carpet too, but I realized it wont go that well with the things I have planed for my house, so I have no idea where to put it, but I guess I'll find a great place for it some day =) And when I'm done with this carpet I can start on a new one for my house =)

      Delete
  6. Hanna your rug looks Great and your little sleds are so cute but I really like your animals , Im under a lot of stress right now so it's nice to come and relax on your blog.

    Hugs
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marisa! I hope the stress for you will go away soon, I'm really good at stressing up myself, but its nice to just sit and look at other blogs and see all the nice pictures there are out there =)

      Delete
  7. You're so busy again... you don't seem to be exhausted after the fair. Your rug looks beautiful so far and I admire your patience (Stitching white one white always was a nightmare for me... back in the good ol' days when I was doing real-life cross stitching) Your felt animals are always fun to see, you should keep that up for sure. I think an Etsy shop is a great idea... the possibility of reaching many customers but without stress is worth the start up work. I have no doubt you will get through this very soon - even I managed to open my Etsy shop, many others did, and you will do that easily too! ;O)

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Birgit! I think embroidering is relaxing, when I need to come down, I embroider =) The white is quite boring, but relaxing too, so I do a couple of stitches now and then =) And I still have some blue left to do, so I can choose between blue or white right now, to make it a little more exiting ;)

      Delete
  8. Your rug is beautiful. I love the colours. Your toys and animals are fantastic I love the pup and the frogs. Wishing you the best of luck with your Etsy shop.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't forget to take a little time off. We don't want you to burn out on minis! Everything you make is so cute. That sleeping puppy is adorable!!
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caroline! I did burn out a few years ago during school, so I'm always afraid of doing that again, it took me a long time to even get out of bed after that. That's why I get so easily stressed now and I still have a hard time knowing when it gets a little too much.. But I do take breaks, but miniatures are so fun I have a hard time taking a break from it =)

      Delete
  10. Que bonitos intercambios, los trineos son monísimos, y tu alfombra un trabajo maravilloso.
    Besos
    Isabel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Isabel! The carpet will take a long time to finish, but I'm glad with the result so far =)

      Delete
  11. You have made some beautiful items but that dog is just so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope to make another puppy later, since this one sold straight away =)

      Delete
  12. I have always wanted to try my hand at making animals. Your frogs and kitty turned out so nicely! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsey! Just give it a try =) It took me a long time before I dared to try, but when I did I realized its a lot of fun making them. They doesn't always turn out like I want, but I like all my animals anyway, I get a special bond to them while I make them =)

      Delete

Thanks for reading, I love to read your comments =)
Hannah